Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Anime Cognoscenti  |  What You Came For  |  Anime in General  |  Topic: More Anime Movies on their way.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Anime Movies on their way.  (Read 3391 times)
penfold
Deus Ex Machina

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2008, 12:49:06 pm »

Well it seems that Hollywood is running out of comics and 80's TV shows to plunder so now they're moving onto anime and the like. Will Smith & Steven Spielberg are planning to murder remake Oldboy. God help us. James Cameron still says that he'll eventually get 'round to remaking Battle Angel Alita. That at least should be worth a look see. Leonardo Dicaprio is pushing for a decent remake of Akira. Too early to make comment on that one but hopefully, as a fan himself, he'll try and keep it honest. He's also remaking Brave New World with Ridley Scott which  might be great, as long as Scott hasn't lost his touch. Gatchaman's up for a remake but as that's not got any Hollywood connection I'm actually holding out quite a bit of hope for that one. But, the big news, and the whole poibt of this post is that Bubble Gum Crisis is finally getting a LA remake. Not only that but it looks like the new BGC anime series may actually be getting off the ground... finally. W00t.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-11-25/pre-production-bubblegum-crisis-film-remake-image-posted
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:54:23 pm by penfold » Logged

GreyDuck
Forum Overlord Type
Board Founder
Deus Ex Machina

Somebody's gotta keep this place running...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 01:07:32 pm »

Konna-wa Hurricane, eh? Not sure how to feel about a BGC revival... it was so long ago!

It's good to be da king.
Boo
Nameless Classmate

'nuff said

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 01:43:31 pm »

Please can we not talk about the Oldboy remake, even the mere thought of it upsets me...
First post in ages, yes I know  Roll Eyes

"I can't watch TV longer than 5 minutes without praying for nuclear holocaust." Bill Hicks
phoinos
Lovable Spammer Type
Deus Ex Machina

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 04:52:27 pm »

Boo!!   Cheesy

Why is there this insatiable need to destroy perfectly good movies by remaking them?  Has there ever been a remake that is better than the original?

OMG, I'm so far behind now. 

penfold, you are now FORBIDDEN to post more than one post a week, until further notice!

FORBIDDEN, I tell you!!
penfold
Deus Ex Machina

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 04:06:24 pm »

Why is there this insatiable need to destroy perfectly good movies by remaking them?  Has there ever been a remake that is better than the original?

Well certainly ain't The Day The Earth Stood Still, that's for sure. C'est merde!

mouse
Cuddly Ham-Ham Type
Love Interest

:O!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 06:27:18 pm »

But what is BGC without the awesome 80s tunes?  IT IS NOTHING!  KONNA-WA HURRICANE INDEED!!  I can't believe it, though.  I'm really amazed it's getting a LA treatment. There's no way it'll be good, but... I can't wait to see it. >.>

So who's excited for that Dragonball movieCheesy
GreyDuck
Forum Overlord Type
Board Founder
Deus Ex Machina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 06:52:33 pm »

So who's excited for that Dragonball movieCheesy

Only in the "avid spectator of an impending, spectacular train wreck" fashion, it must be said.

It's good to be da king.
penfold
Deus Ex Machina

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 12:13:14 pm »

He's also remaking Brave New World with Ridley Scott which  might be great, as long as Scott hasn't lost his touch.

http://sffmedia.com/films/science-fiction-films/236-is-ridley-scott-a-born-again-science-fiction-fan.html

OMG,OMG,OMG! Ridley Scott's making an adaption of one of the greatest sci-fi novels of all time; Joe Alderman's Forever War. Words cannot express just how happy this is making me right now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:43:13 am by penfold » Logged

penfold
Deus Ex Machina

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 12:35:24 am »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-04-07/mandalay-pictures-licenses-full-metal-panic-film-rights

Zac Efron as Sagara Sousuke!?

NNNOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

GreyDuck
Forum Overlord Type
Board Founder
Deus Ex Machina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 05:54:41 am »

Well, that's brain-breaking. (And an odd choice for a live-action Americanized adaptation, if you ask me...)

It's good to be da king.
KibaOokaminosuke
Mysterious Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 06:28:30 pm »

Argh, all of this butchering going on to turn a buck.
Aldous Huxley was a horrible sack of pus but Brave New World is essential reading.
I am sure it won't be as good as the 1984 version of 1984.

The secret doctrine of URA Yagyu (Yagyu Spy) states:

"Once engaged in battle, fight to win. That is the first and cardinal rule of battle. Suppress all human emotions and compassion. Kill whoever stands in your way, even if that be God or Buddha. Only then can one master the essence of the art.
penfold
Deus Ex Machina

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 11:26:18 am »

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2339898137/

Oh dear.   Sad

GreyDuck
Forum Overlord Type
Board Founder
Deus Ex Machina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 01:44:42 pm »

You know... the Astro Boy thing doesn't bother me so much. It's still in an animated medium, and they have some interesting voice talents on the job. Color me curious, if not actually optimistic.

It's good to be da king.
penfold
Deus Ex Machina

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 11:31:26 am »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-04-07/mandalay-pictures-licenses-full-metal-panic-film-rights

Zac Efron as Sagara Sousuke!?

NNNOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-04-15/efron/not-likely-to-be-in-full-metal-panic-project

Oh thank God!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: